Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2015

Celeriac-Schnitzel someone?

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

It's been a decade - at least it feels like it - since I've posted a recipe. So why don't I stop this "bad roll" I'm on today, with one of my favourite recipes at the moment. What I really love about it is that there's no "faux-meat" involved but still a very hearty dish while of course being vegan (who would've thought eh?). So without further ado...

Celeriac-Schnitzel

Ingredients (for 2-3 servings):
  • medium sized knob Celeriac
  • 200-300g Soy yoghurt
  • 100g Breadcrumbs
  • Salt
  • Pepper
Now the beatuy of this recipe is in its simplicity. Just peel the Celeriac, cut it into 0.5mm thick slices, boil up some water in a pot - don't forget to add a decent amount of salt - and cook until the slices are "al dente". Fish them out and put the slices on a paper towel or the likes. While waiting for them to cool down a bit put the yoghurt along with a pinch of salt and pepper - mix it up - into a soup plate and the breadcrumbs into a second one. Once cooled down a bit, take the celeriac slices, dip them into the yoghurt until fully covered by a thin layer and then into the breadcrumbs with them. So basically your standard breading pattern.
With that done all that's left is throwing them into a pan with a bunch of (plant-based) oil - wait until the oil has heated up - and fry the schnitzels until they're gold-brown. As side-dishes prepare whatever you prefer... rice or potatoes are my favourites!


Bon Appetit!

Please let me know if you liked the recipe or not, I'm always curious if I'm able to explain it in a way that people can replicate my dishes.


See y'all 'round!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen